Monday, June 20, 2011

BOY, OH BOY!!!!

HURRAY! WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!


caution: graphic ultrasound pictures posted below
We had our 20 week ultrasound today and got to see our healthy baby boy. He is measuring about 21 weeks, all except his arms, which are measuring 23 weeks. That comes from my side of the family :D. He is 15 oz! Did I mention that we're excited?!

FEET!

PROOF!

LOVE!

LOVE!!

LOVE!!!


Brad was so convinced from the beginning that it was a girl. I always thought it was a boy. I don't mean to brag or anything, but I'm glad I get to say I was right! :) We had a surprise visit to the hospital on Thursday because of some complications that had me worried, and we got to see the baby then as well, but the Dr. checking me was scared to say what she thought the sex was in case she was wrong. Brad then said that he thought he saw "something" and thought then that it was a boy, yet he still continued to call the baby "her/she". Then after we found out today that he was a boy we were talking about some crib bedding that had been given to us that was really too girly, and he said, "Well, it's great that that's okay then!" (He still thought the baby was a girl!!! At least for that second, haha).

GIRLY CRIB BEDDING


Baby boy is moving A LOT, and I know I will only start feeling it even more, and it's wonderful! Brad has finally been able to feel him move too. That is something that was making him very jealous of me. I told him he should have been jealous of the nausea, insomnia, headaches, backaches, bloating, mood swings, and all those other lovely things. ;)

Now the search begins for the cute baby boy clothing etc. I'm pretty picky when it comes to what I would want to see him in, but I'm sure that will change. I like the nerdy look, like the onsie I found with a bow tie and suspenders... more than the cars, trains, planes, and animals etc. BUT, there's enough time for him to look like a nerd when he's older, I'm sure :) So I better stick with all those other things while I have the chance.

SOME EXAMPLES OF WHAT I LIKE FOUND ON ETSY

big and bold


nerd


awesomeness


retro


cute&modern



I LOVE OWLS

newborn earflap cap


pillow



We are so blessed to have been able to see our baby and have him be healthy and right on track. I can't believe I'm already halfway there!!! I'm sure the time will continue to pass quickly, and I sure hope so, I'M SO ANXIOUS!!!! I'm the first of my siblings to have the boy be the oldest and I'm proud of it!

Life is going great for the both of us. We're both busy working - I have taken up more shifts at work believe it or not, and I am looking forward to the extra income from it. Brad is going to L.A. starting tomorrow until July 1st or so, then he leaves again on the 5-7 for a commercial shoot. It will be a very lonesome time without him, but 'NINA!!' my SIL is coming down this weekend which will help the time go more quickly, AND JUST BE FUN! YAY FOR NINA! (I love her). So we'll party it up and I'll spend the rest of my time roaming Chicago for some cute nursery ideas or baby clothes! Oh and organizing our apt. My wonderful mother-in-law sent me a book called organized mom, which has a ton of great tips/steps to organizing room by room and prepping for baby. So that will definitely help keep me busy! (Not to mention our extremely needy dog. She keeps whining and talking to me as I write this post BEGGING for my attention!!)

Well, I'm hungry and tired, so I'm off to eat and sleep! Let me know if you find any cute baby boy stuff!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Heather! I'm so excited for you and Brad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know you guys were expecting! contests on both! lol have fun shopping, baby clothes are fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Brad and Heather! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woop woop CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!! 4 MORE DAYS!!

    ReplyDelete